From size to accessories, Washington Park Camera Club ID photo requirements are specific. Take a look at this comprehensive list to make sure your photos are in compliance.
Correct Photo Size, Position and Color
- Photo MUST be in full color, not black and white.
- For digital images, image pixel dimensions must be in a square aspect ratio (meaning the height must be equal to the width) and must be 600×600 pixels to no greater than 1200×1200 pixels.
- Make sure the photo shows the full head from the top of the hair to the bottom of the chin, without being cut off on top.
- Your head must be centered within the frame and directly facing forward for a full face view.
- Make sure both eyes are open and visible and aim for a neutral facial expression or a small natural smile.
- Make sure that your face is evenly lit, avoiding harsh shadow.
Recency, Attire, and Accessories
- Your photo must have been taken in the past 6 months.
- It is best not to wear glasses in your ID photo.
- Limit the amount of makeup being worn.
- No hats, beanies, headphones, wireless bluetooth/hands-free devices, or other head coverings are allowed in your photos. However, if your head covering is for religious or medical purposes and you choose to leave it on, please let us know.
- Most types of clothing are acceptable, as long as it’s something you’d wear on a normal day.
- However, uniforms are not allowed.
Other Passport Photo Requirements
- The background of your photo must be solid white or off white.
- Photos cannot be copied or digitally scanned from driver’s licenses or other official documents.
- Do not retouch or alter the photo in any way before submitting it.
- Make sure there are no shadows covering your face.
- Try to avoid selfies! Since your photo must be a certain distance away to meet the size requirements above, have someone else take the picture.
Click on each image to enlarge.